主动射击指南 for 肖尼 State University
作为我们应急准备的一部分, the 肖尼 State University Department of Public 安全 (SSU DPS) has created safety guidelines to instruct all faculty, 工作人员, 学生们Run-Hide-Fight principle and what to expect from responding officers in the event of an active shooter.
- Make a decision as to what course of action you will take to protect yourself.
If you are able to evacuate, do it and remember to:
- Run in a zip-zag pattern away from the building or situation.
- Do not stop running until you feel safe or are in a safe zone.
- 请联系911或SSU DPS紧急热线(740).351.3232)，并提供详细资料.
If you are on the second floor or higher, ask yourself if escaping through a window is possible. 用衣服做一根临时绳子, belts or any other item to help limit the falling distance and attempt to fall into shrubs, 覆盖物, 或草.
- Take shelter in the nearest office, room, or closet and silence all electronic devices.
- Lock and barricade the door with items in the room (desks, chairs, 书helves, 等.). If possible, tie down the door by attaching a belt to the door handle.
- Search for alternative escape routes (windows, additional doors, 等.).
- 拨打911或SSU DPS紧急热线(740).351.3232)，并提供详细资料.
- Do not open the door for anyone or peek out doors or windows. Responding officers will have access to all of the rooms in a building.
- 散开，离地面低一点. 挤在一起更容易成为靶子.
Note that you may have to take the offensive if the shooter enters your area. Always position yourself in a spot that allows for the elements of surprise. Be prepared to utilize anything close to hand as a weapon and prepare yourself for the physical encounter.
If the shooter is in your area and escape is not possible, your only option is to fight:
- Throw anything at the shooter, aiming at the face, to distract the shooter.
- Use any weapon of opportunity close at hand (scissors, 订书机, 笔, 键, 钱包, 背包, 书, 等.).
- 如果可能的话，组队进攻. Grab the shooter's extremities and take them to the ground and use your body weight to secure them.
REMEMBER FIGHTING DIRTY IS FAIR WHEN SURVIVAL IS THE GOAL AND YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
当枪手失去行动能力时, call 911 or SSU DPS and advise law enforcement the shooter is down. 提供你的位置，保持通话. 从嫌疑人身上拿走所有武器. 不要握住它! Secure the suspect (with your body weight, belts, 等.)直到救援到来.
Police officers responding to an active shooter are trained to proceed immediately to the area in which shots were last heard.
You must remain calm and do as the officers tell you. Put down any bags or packages you may be carrying and keep your hands visible at all times. Avoid making quick movements toward the officers, such as attempting to hold on to them for safety. If you know the location of the shooter, tell the officers.
- They may arrive in any size team or as an individual.
- 他们可能穿着巡逻服, 平民的服装, or bulletproof vests with other tactical equipment.
- 警察可能配备步枪, 霰弹枪或手枪, and they may use pepper spray or tear gas to control the situation.
First officers to arrive will not stop to aid injured people. Their purpose is to stop the shooting as quickly as possible. Rescue teams and emergency medical personnel will follow behind to help.
一旦你到达安全地点, OFFICERS MAY DETAIN YOU UNTIL THE SITUATION IS UNDER CONTROL AND ALL WITNESSES HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED AND QUESTIONED.
Please keep in mind that entire area is a crime scene. Until you are release, remain at the assembly point authorities have designated.