Aligned Program Educational Objectives with 结果, Institutional 任务 and Needs of Program Constituents
肖尼 State University 任务 Statement
We prepare today’s students to succeed in tomorrow’s world.
专业进修学院 任务 Statement
The mission of the 专业进修学院 is to graduate students with a competitive advantage for professional practice.
塑料工程技术 任务 Statement
We graduate students with a competitive advantage for professional practice in the plastics industry.
塑料工程技术 Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The educational objectives of the 塑料工程技术 Program at SSU are to produce graduates who, 在毕业后的几年内, 能够:
- be successfully employed in an 工程 technology or related field, or accepted into graduate programs;
- be effective in the design of 工程 technology solutions and the practical application of 工程 technology principles using high safety standards;
- be able to demonstrate initiative and ownership either as a leader or a member of a team;
- demonstrate effective listening and communication 技能;
- understand and apply professional, 道德, and quality standards of excellence consistent with plastics industry (and SPE 道德守则);
- expand knowledge and capabilities through continuing education or other lifelong learning experiences in preparation for tomorrow’s world;
- 为社区服务, 是否在本地, 在全国范围内, or globally; respecting diversity, 文化, 法例与环境.
塑料工程技术 Student 结果 (SOs) – ABET (1-5)
Proposed ETAC outcomes beginning 2019-20
By the time students graduate from the 塑料工程技术 program they are expected to have:
- 运用知识的能力, 技术, 技能, 以及现代数学工具, 科学, 工程, and technology to solve broadly-defined 工程 problems appropriate to discipline;
- 设计系统的能力, 组件, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined 工程 problems appropriate to the discipline;
- 具有书面申请的能力, 口服, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, 测量, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.